So I was driving home from the store today. I had both boys in the back. I was worried that they would start to fall asleep before I reached the house. That would be a disaster because: A. I don't know how to get both boys out of the car, up the stairs, and in bed without waking them up. And B. if they do wake up then i can't get them to sleep, and its just a mess....Solution... just keep them awake.
Anyway I was waiting at a Red light when someone pulls up next to me in the turn lane and wants to move into my lane. Suddenly my mind starts spouting these thoughts about how rude this driver is.
"These big SUV's just think they can rule the road. He just thinks he can pull in to my lane. He knows he can just put his nose into my lane and I will brake for him. He probably was driving up and saw my car and thought...that looks like a good car to take advantage of''
The light turns green and he starts to move into my lane.
"Alright, come on over. He probably won't even say 'Thank Yo...' "
I see a hand wave from the driver through the back window.
I wave back
"Oh! ... Well that was nice"
But as I thought about it I was amazed at what a little "Thank you" did to my mood and frame of mind. We always hear that a smile can change someone's day, I think a little gratitude can go a long way also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment