May 31, 2009

My Green Thumb


I am so excited about my garden. I don't know if its the Leo in me but I love to garden, i love to create. Last year our garden was kind of a flop. I think it was a combination of Bad weather and bad soil. Little did we know but not all soil belongs in pots. This year things are flourishing. We have two tomato plants that have little flowers on them. Between the tomato's are our sugar snap peas. Then between the peas i have one of my Strawberry towers. I also started some Herbs from seeds this year and most of them are growing. Yahoo!



Oh i also have 2 pepper plants that i need to put in the dirt, a jalapeno and a yellow bell. I am so excited. I love fresh fruit. Our deck gets sun most of the day and its the hot afternoon sun. I hope I have good news for you at the end of the summer.

Joel and i learned a lot about Container gardening this year. Here are some helpful links if you are also interested in Container gardening:












The PVC Plants website is cool. There are tons of pictures on diffrent things you can do with PVC pipe. The link above is a picture of planting in PVC pipe. It was our favorite idea for gardening in a small space. We started our strawberries that way this year.


Here are some on building your own Raised Garden Beds:

This is the instructions on how to build a raised bed. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/gardening/4308264.html

And here's a link to a bunch of general information. http://www.raisedbedgardeningtips.com/advantages.htm






The coveted Cheerio seeds which grow into cute Cheerio bushes



No comments:

Post a Comment