Jul 8, 2009

A bad Poem

I woke up this morning , my ambitions were high
to do laundry and dishes, that piled to the sky.
But my kids, as sweet as can be,
had other plans but they didn't tell me.

Doing a lot before they awoke for the day.
The morning was easy, things were going my way.
And then it was time for a nap.
After that moment my day became....bad.

At nap time we cuddled, sang our songs, and we read
But my boys decided they weren't going to bed!
Now I am not one to complain
yet my list will start here and end in Spain.

The dishes are still dirty, laundry is half done.
Telling a cranky Noah "no Nursing" s'not fun.
The tv's been on all day long,
which in turn makes me feel like a bad mom.

I'm drowning in housework, and hiding from the boys.
I am running away if I have to trip on more toys.
And then I here my door bell ring
My hair is a mess from dinner's food fling.

There at my door step, with a small gift just for me,
Is a good friend. Then my stresses started to flee.
"I knew you were at your wits end."
Were the kind words that came from my friend.

We hugged and then she went on her way
and that was the end of my really bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment