Jun 14, 2009

Presents for$1.50

We made some of My Monkey's birthday presents this year. I think it's hard to buy gifts for the second child, because I know that the first one will end up playing with it. So, do you find something that they both will like, or do you hope to find something you think will be uninteresting for the first and exciting for the second? But really, deep inside you know that the only thing the second is going to play with is what ever the first child is playing with...

Well we got presents that fit all ranges of "who will play with it". We go some presents that My Monkey will fight for, some that My monkey will never see because Little Wicket claimed them. Then there are a few we know they both will enjoy.

Anyway back to the making presents. We made My Monkey a toy Garage. Right now it's made out of cardboard. Its semi sturdy and will work until we can get to a band saw to make one out of wood. Little Whicket really like the garage. It has an elevator shaft, but no working elevator. We couldn't figure out the mechanics before the birthday party.


Next we made a Fort. I saw a little tent thing at Ross the other day and I knew the boys would have fun in it. They love tents and hiding under blankets. I was telling Joel about it one night before bed and asked if he could help me figure out how to make something like it. My brilliant husband suggested we make it out of the PVC pipe we had lying around. Joel got the frame together and I found some extra fabric and made some walls. I didn't have time to do all the details before the party, but at least it has a door. My good friend Corinne suggested cutting strips for the door, which I think I will do. Eventually it might get some windows and some random pockets on the inside for random things. If I get really creative I will put some learning things on it too (stringing thread through holes, Velcro shapes and colors on the walls). We'll see how ambitious I really am.


And the best part the two of them only cost $1.50 and that was for some extra PVC pipe and some elbow joints. I love being frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment