Apr 4, 2010

Fun Desserts

Its fun to creative with Food, especially desserts!

This is Joel's Birthday cake. It's just a cheese cake with those tube type cookies with the chocolate on the inside and the flaky pastry outside. I can't remember what they are called...it starts with a P. The chocolate on the inside of the cookies melted and made a nice Crust. I've seen my dad use the cookies on one of his cakes. It was jungle themed with a lion in the middle and the cookies around the outside. But he didn't bake them with the cake, like I did. The bottom of the cheese cake is just the graham cracker crust with some "p" cookie crumbs. It was pretty good.


Its fun to be creative with food. It was getting close to Easter and I wanted to do a cake that looked different than a normal cake. My original thought was to Carve a bunny, but that was going to be a lot of work. This is just a round cake and cupcakes. My dad gave me a Course 1 Wilson Cake decorating box a couple Christmas' ago. I like making up excuses to practice with it. I tried the basket weave technique for the first time on the bottom "basket" part. It doesn't look professional, but I'm proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment